Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Art lessons

One thing that Ben and I have been trying to do is to help our children find out what are their strengths and talents.  Grace has always shown an interest in art.  She loves to draw and create.  She loves to do things with her hands.  I think she naturally has a talent for drawing.  For Christmas we gave Grace for her meaningful present a gift certificate for art lessons at a local art center.  She has gone to three classes so far and just as we thought she loves it!  She would like to go every day if she could.  Because the class is offered during the day she has the advantage of almost a private art lesson each time.  There is only three other students in the class two of which are young boys.  She observed the art lesson the two boys were working on and came home last week and set up the same art lesson for Seth and Gabe.  This is where I get excited.  True learning comes when we can teach another person.


Grace's first project from her art class.


Gabe hard at work.



Seth



Zeddie had to join in too!



If you can't tell they are making trees in the forest. 

4 comments:

ES said...

Holy Cow! Grace! That is amazing! Wow! I love you picture! I'm very impressed! I was definitely not that talented at your age. :)

Unknown said...

So cool! Love that Grace came home and instantly shared with her brothers!

Finally back to reading your blog :) Man, do I have a lot to catch up on!

Maryanne said...

So neat! Way to go Grace!

Melanie said...

Grace is amazing! That bird is beautiful! Your family is so inspiring! It makes me so excited to have more kids and have them interact and teach each other.