Monday - Camille gave a the FHE lesson for us tonight. She chose to do a little Book of Mormon trivia game. It was a fun lesson.
Tuesday - We planted an amaryllis bulb with hopes we'll have a beautiful bloom by Christmas.
Wednesday - Time to get ready for Thanksgiving. The boys helped Ben brine the turkey. We also baked three pies; key lime, apple, and our traditional pumpkin pie.
Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving! We started our day with a lovely Thanksgiving Service at a Methodist Church downtown. Camille's choir sang three numbers. This was her first official choir performance. I think she had a great time!
Following the service we headed home to continue with our food preparations. Our friends Ben and Tamara and their four children joined us for a yummy feast. Here is what was on our menu (for future reference):
Turkey
Balsamic and onion gravy
Portabello mushroom stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Butternut squash, apple, and maple bake
Cranberry sauce
Apple-walnut salad
Cranberry relish (this was a new recipe Ben tried out)
Rolls!!!
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Pie
Pecan Pie
Key Lime Pie
It was a wonderful day. We ended by reading all of the blessings that were written down during the month of November. I'm so glad we did this and I hope to make it a yearly tradition! Here are a few of the things we are thankful for . . .
That our roof is not straw.
The birds at our birdfeeder.
Sushi, donuts and hot sauce.
A warm bed that my dad made for me.
The excitement of children.
Rooster tails on bright faced little boys.
Maps, so I can see where we live and go.
Kisses from Gabe.
Food.
Jesus.
Friday - Grace had a choir performance this morning at the Indiana State Museum. I am her choir's attendance coordinator so I am required to chaperone at every event. I love this job! Her choir did a great job too and I thought it was a great way to start our Christmas season. Afterwards, Santa landed by helicopter outside the museum - a huge hit with the kids!
We continued with our annual tradition of putting our trip up the day after Christmas. This is especially simple because two years ago I decided that we would buy an artificial tree. It is prelit too! I guess if the lights stop working we may return to purchasing a live tree but for now I am enjoying the convenience and savings of our current tree! I actually think it is quite pretty!
Saturday - I planned to have a sitter for the kids today so Ben and I could get an early start on Christmas shopping. Early for us that is! We are not really big shoppers but I had a plan and we stuck to it. We will continue with our three present Christmas for each child. This is just another way for us to simplify the holidays!
Sunday - Ben was on the program to speak today and I joined him at the last minute because the other speaker broke his ankle playing flag football! The theme was from Elder Christofferson's talk Reflections on a Consecrated Life (October 2010 General Conference).
We also enjoyed a visit from our friends Stephen and Karen and their three children. They spent the night last night and joined us at church. The kids had such a great time playing with their friends and as always were very sad to see them go! All good things must come to an end! :)
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We thought of all of our friends and family and are grateful for each of you in our lives!
Have a great week!
5 comments:
I LOVE key lime pie, sadly, I am the only one in my whole family that does. Can I come live with you?! :)
Looks like a wonderful week. Happy Thanksgiving.
Wow what an eventful week! I love what everyone is thankful for :] It must have been fun to read them all!
Loved reading all about your week! Your Thanksgiving menu sounded and looked delicious! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful week!
I have to agree with Tricia, I love that you are doing this every week... even though we just live next door, it's fun to see what you're up to :) Love the boys matching spiderman PJs. They're too cute! And the food...don't get me started on the food!!!
Loved reading all about your week! Your Thanksgiving menu sounded and looked delicious! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful week!
Post a Comment