Monday - Seth gave our FHE tonight. Seth and I made some armor and talked about how we need to have our armor on each day to help us make good choices.
Tuesday - A little too much excitement happened this morning . . . while we were eating breakfast our smoke detector in the loft started to go off. Ben ran upstairs and there was an electrical smell and told me to call 911. The kids and I ran outside and waited for the firemen to arrive while Ben tried to locate the problem. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the firemen could not find anything. We will need to have an electrician out to check over our wiring. We are grateful everyone was okay.
Wednesday - After our busy Tuesday we drove to Munster, Indiana. Ben had agreed to give a lecture on Influenza at a community hospital. We decided to make it a little get-away for all of us since they would pay for hotel accommodations. The kids were so excited for this event! Highlights for them . . . watching television and using a remote to change the channels, eating as many boxes of cold cereal that they wanted, and swimming in the hotel pool.
On the way home we stopped at the Indiana Dunes State Park - see Twelve Fit Feet for more photos.
Thursday - We received four more postcards this week to add to our collection. Mississippi, Montana, Illinois, and Michigan! All of the kids are getting really good at locating the 50 states. Soon we will be moving on to the capitols.
Friday - Gabe and Seth are enjoying filling out 100 charts. Seth can do it from memory and is getting pretty fast. Gabe is learning too and he will copy the whole 100 chart in one sitting. Gabe is very detailed and has an amazing attention span for copy work!
Saturday - After a three hour photo session today with a neighbor who does photography on the side we were all "tired of cheesing" - according to Gabe. Hopefully there will be a good photo we can send out for Christmas! Not all of us are photogenic in the family which can make things slightly difficult!
In the evening the kids had their fall piano recital. This was Seth's first piano recital. It was a success for all. We are very proud of them. Now mom would like to know if she can have a break from piano practicing for the rest of the year :).
Sunday - Just a normal Sunday here. We attended church and spent the afternoon relaxing. Grace is baking a treat for us in the kitchen, while Ben is playing the piano. Life is good and I am grateful for my wonderful family.
We wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
4 comments:
I love the cereal box tower :) Ahem, I mean, no one should play with their food!
My kids love having TV when we go away as well. It is a nice treat, but I love not having TV at home.
OK...I am too lazy to scroll and find it...so what is a 100 chart? I would love to know about it. Math realated things are always welcome here as I am not math talented at all! :)
Did you get our postcard from Disney? I didn't see any map type of FL for you, just Disney but hope you received it to add to your collection. I love all your photos! Especially the cereal tower and hotel photos! I am sure that was fun for the kids. Always nice to do something different.
Happy Thanksgiving! Miss you!
Post a Comment