Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 45 Family Report

November 8 - 14, 2010

Monday - Gabe wanted to try giving the FHE tonight.  I helped him do a lesson on "slow to anger" which I found here.   He did a good job - we all think he is just the cutest thing!  :)



Tuesday - Camille is in Treble Choir this year.  They had their parent demonstration at their rehearsal tonight.  Camille's favorite song to sing is "Didn't the Lord Deliver Daniel."  Can you see her below?  She is in the second row, first person. 


Wednesday - Grace and Camille had Girl Scouts today.  Their troop has been working on "writing" a grant for improving some areas around the local elementary school.  They found out today that they got the grant so now they will be busy beautifying the school.  Grace was in charge of snack for the meeting today.  She made turkey and pumpkin shaped sugar cookies.  They were a huge hit!


Thursday - The kids have been spending quite a bit of time in the woods working on a fort.  Our neighbors Alyssa and Elena have been helping too.  The weather was just perfect for outside play this past week.  I spent a lot of time tidying up the flower beds and preparing them for winter.


Friday - The girls and I went to a musical called HONK! in the evening.  We've been looking forward to this performance since we attended another one put on by the same group last spring.  A friend from Grace's choir is in the group.  The musical is based on the story of the Ugly Duckling. 

The boys stayed home with Ben and put together a model Scooby-Doo truck!




Saturday - We found out late Friday night that we had someone interested looking at our house so we spent Saturday morning getting ready for a 10 a.m. showing.  I enlisted the help of all the kids (Ben had to work so I really needed their help)!  They are getting to be pretty good cleaners!  Grace and Gabe came up with a good idea for getting their assignment done.




Sunday - Call Sundays are always busy for Ben.  He leaves at 6:30 a.m. for his early branch presidency meetings (our branch is 20 minutes north of us) then he heads to the hospital (which from church is a 45 minute drive south).  If things are not too busy he often drives back to church for interviews.  Life as a father, husband, doctor and branch president keeps him quite busy . . . by Sunday afternoon he is pretty tired and we can pretty much assume he will be doing this . . .


I completed my goal of running 18 miles this week!  Only 122 more miles to go!!!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Busy week! That's so cute that Gabe wanted to do the lesson. I hope your showing went well, and I'm glad you got some help getting ready.

Mom said...

Loved Gabe on Grace's shoulders to clean the windows! They are too funny :)