November 1 - 7, 2010
(Our weeks run from Monday through Sunday! We plan on Sundays for the week. Just in case anyone was wondering!)Monday - Grace gave us a great lesson on Gratitude for Family Home Evening. She made us a container with a slit in the top so we can write down the things we are grateful for during the month of November.
Tuesday - This is our busy day. We work hard to get all of our school work done in the morning then head out by 11:45 a.m. for piano lessons. Lessons last two hours! Then we usually run errands before we head to Butler University for choir. I managed to squeeze in voting today and I am grateful for this privilege.
Wednesday - Just before lunch we heard our mower guy, Mr. Westerfield coming up our driveway. I knew he would be by soon since the leaves had all just about fallen. I am grateful for this luxury in my life because it would take us days to rake all of the leaves if we did it by ourselves. It is worth $150!!!! Plus, we always join in and help. I got to use his back pack blower this time.
Thursday - I picked the rest of our green tomatoes from the garden. It always makes me sad to do this because I so enjoy fresh tomatoes from our garden. But we have been having light freezes and soon the plants will be gone. We all went to the dentist today for our six month check up and cleaning. It always is a big event to arrive at the dentist office, all five of us! Gabe had his teeth checked for the first time and did a great job!
Friday - Ahhh I love Fridays! I guess it is a good thing to be tired right? When Friday arrives I am always ready for a weekend off! Especially when Ben also has the weekend off and we have no scheduled plans!
Saturday - I enjoyed a four mile run early in the morning which brought me to my goal of 18 miles for the week. The rest of the day was spent at home. We were able to get a few odd jobs done around the house. Ben cooked us a yummy Mexican dish (which I cannot remember the name of right now). It was a good day!
Sunday - Off to church. It seemed everyone was early thanks to an extra hour of sleep! Once we got home from church we had another restful day here at home.
Until next week . . .
2 comments:
Sounds like a great week!
So how do you ripen the green tomatoes? Do you wrap them or something? It is sad when the fresh grown vegetables are done and especially the tomatoes!
I always enjoy reading your weekly activities. :)
Post a Comment