Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week 43 Family Report

October 25 - 31, 2010

Highlights of our week:

On Monday for Family Home Evening Camille gave us a great lesson on "honesty" and we enjoyed apple crisp for dessert. 

On Tuesday I backed the van into a tree on my way to deliver the garbage to the end of our lane.  I crushed the van's back door!  Ben banged the dent out the best he could but it won't latch so now we have to use a bungee chord to keep it closed.  There may be a slight draft this winter in our van!  I cringe every time I look at the van from behind. 

On Wednesday we enjoyed a trunk or treat at church.  Ben and the kids made up some "witches brew" (homemade root beer) to share with all the little trick or treaters.  We decided to use what we had on hand for costumes this year.  I think they looked pretty cute!










On Thursday Camille had her braces officially placed along with her "expander" which is placed under the roof of her mouth.  Everything seemed to go smoothly.  Camille has had a little discomfort on her cheek but has been a good sport.



On Friday we enjoyed babysitting a little guy named Ethan.  It is always fun to have friends over!  I also picked the rest of our basil.  I guess fall is almost over here in Indiana.

 


On Saturday we enjoyed attending stake conference.  The kids got to play at a friend's home and had a great time.  We ended the evening with some Chinese cuisine for dinner.  Sometimes it just feels good to have a break from preparing dinner - we don't eat out very often so this was a fun treat for all of us!  Grace took this photo of the sky while on our drive home.



Today we had the Sunday session of stake conference.  We arrived early enough to sit in the cushion seats (this seems to help our family be more reverent than if we sit in overflow).  We celebrated Halloween decorating sugar cookies.




 Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Wow looks like you had a fun week. Love the costumes!