We babysat for a family in our branch on Monday. They have a five month old baby girl and a two year old boy. Everyone enjoyed having a baby in the house! I love the photo of Grace "multi-tasking" - she is feeding the baby a bottle and doing her math!
***********************************************************
Grace enjoyed gathering acorns this week. She found a lot that didn't have their "hats" on so she got out the glue gun and put them back together. She washed them and placed them all in a glass vase. They really are quite pretty. I appreciate her desire to brighten up our house with things found in nature.
*********************************************************
Our mower guy came this week much to the dismay of the kids. They ran outside to ask him to please leave some leaves for them to jump in and he did just that! It won't be long now before we no longer have any leaves on our trees. It has really been a beautiful fall despite how dry it is here right now!
**********************************************************
The girls and I have been planning a Halloween party for the past couple of months. They wanted to host one here at our house and we decided it was a good opportunity for them to learn about how to plan and carry out a party! They checked out idea books and Halloween music from the library, hand made all their invitations, and made a lot of lists!
They invited the Faith in God girls (8-11 year old girls) and the Beehives (12 and 13 year old girls) from our branch. Thirteen girls were invited and twelve girls came! So we had a total of fourteen girls here on Friday night! (It was loud, ask Ben!) We had some fun dinner foods (see below); mummy hot dogs, carrot eyeballs, and a "spider web" seven layer dip. We also made ice cubes with fruit for faces. They had a treasure hunt which Ben created for them. Decorated tin cans into orange pumpkins to hold their candy. Enjoyed donuts on a string. Played "don't eat Frank". Danced to music. And overall just had a great time!
***********************************************************
Camille began her adventure with braces this past week! It started out with the placement of tiny rubber bands, called "spacers" between her bottom molars. She has been a great sport this week especially with the new dietary restrictions she will have to follow. Like no ooey, gooey sticky food! The braces and expander will be placed this next week.
**************************************************************
The kids had their primary program today at church. Since I am a primary teacher and Ben is the branch president we both had to be on the stand. But from what we could tell the kids did a great job. Gabe especially enjoyed singing "Follow the Prophet" and "I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ." I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that our children can learn at a young age about Jesus and the importance of living a good life and following our prophet.
I had a lazy week. I took off from running, but I did walk twice. I am trying to gear myself up for the next ten weeks. I so want to make my 1000 mile goal for 2010.
Hope all is well with all of our family and friends. Thanks for stopping by! Until next week . . .
3 comments:
Aw I just love all of the pictures! You made such yummy food for that party and it was festive too. I hope the girls had fun- looks like a blast! Give everyone a hug for me. I have been thinking about you guys lately, wish you lived closer!
What a fun party!
That party sounds great! I like the Rubik's Cube costume-- very original!
Post a Comment