Sunday, December 5, 2010

Week 48 Family Report

November 29 - December 5, 2010

Monday - Grace gave our Family Home Evening lesson tonight on honesty!  We enjoyed hot chocolate for a treat! 

Tuesday - Fun with Alpha Bits!  (Just so you know we were somewhat disappointed in the lack of some of the letters!  But we had fun anyway!)








Wednesday - Happy first day of December!  We even had some snow to start off our month long celebration!  The kids enjoyed starting their chocolate advent calendars and opening their new Christmas books -  Humphrey's First Christmas and The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey.






Thursday - Seth had his first experience with getting a cavity filled at the dentist.  He actually had three very small cavities!  He was a good sport even though he had to sit for over an hour.  He also had sealants put on his molars to hopefully prevent more cavities. 

We got a package in the mail from our good friend Heidie (from our days in Salt Lake City).  The kids were so excited (and I actually was too).  Look what fun treats she sent us . . .  Thanks Heidie!!!



Friday - We enjoyed watching a movie together tonight.  It is actually based on the book we bought the kids to add to our Christmas book collection.  The movie was okay but as always I enjoyed the book better!



Saturday - We woke up to snow!  The kids were very excited!  Grace and Camille each had a performance at the Artsgarden in downtown Indy.  The Artsgarden is quite pretty and someone mentioned it was like singing in a "snowglobe" and it really was because the snow was coming down the whole performance.  I don't think you can quite tell in the photos.  Can you spot Grace and Camille?




Grace is with her student teacher for her choir, Ms. Ashby. 
She is sad to have her leave but this was her last performance with Grace's choir!




Root Beer floats!!!


Sunday - Is the week already over? 

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of our photo Christmas cards so that I can actually get them addressed and out in the mail.  I will have to start the process earlier next year! 

My running is going well and I am pleased to have made it this far - only 68 more miles to go.

The kid's school is moving along sometimes slower than I'd like but they are progressing. 
At our weekly visit to the library . . . the boys chose books on dinosaurs.  Grace chose books about the California Gold Rush.  Camille chose books about Saudi Arabia (she is learning a song on the piano called "Arabia").

The kids sprouted wheat berries and are excited to try it out in a smoothie soon.  I think they were inspired by their Aunt Tricia's green smoothies while we were there visiting last August!

Ben is doing fine.  He has been on call this weekend and started tithing settlement at church today.

We ended our day watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  It is always enjoyable to listen to the choir and to the prophet. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the season!  We look forward to hearing from family and friends!

3 comments:

JRoberts said...

You can have some of our snow! :)

Wheatberries are amazing. I love them cooked up (sort of warm) and cream poured over with brown sugar. Mmmmmm...not healthy, but delish!

Love the idea of alphabets. We have used a few different things along that line (like the pastas) but I like the idea of eating them after. :)

Karissa said...

Looks like a great week! Miss you all!

Tricia said...

I thought that I left a comment. Not sure what happened. I always enjoy reading your weekly updates and seeing your cute photos! What fun you have in the Weston household! Love you and miss you!