Saturday, August 14, 2010

Memere's 95th Birthday celebration




Memere lives in Rhode Island.  We had to drive two cars because there was 11 of us.  Half way there Steve's car got a flat tire!  Everyone got out of the car to inspect the damage!  We managed to still make it to the celebration on time!












Memere with three of her six children.  My mom would be standing there too if she were still alive.  Aunt Sue organized the event.  We decided it was important for myself and the kids to make the trip.  I am so glad I did.  I know she wasn't aware of who I was but for me it was just important to be with her and with the rest of my family as we celebrated Memere's life. 

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am so glad you came to Memere's 95th celebration. I know Memere felt your love and it will be a memory for all of us sharing together for years to come! I believe Mom was there in spirit as well.