Text: Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942
Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840-1906
- Rev'rently and meekly now,
Let thy head most humbly bow.Think of me, thou ransomed one;Think what I for thee have done.With my blood that dripped like rain,Sweat in agony of pain,With my body on the treeI have ransomed even thee.
-
In this bread now blest for thee,Emblem of my body see;In this water or this wine,Emblem of my blood divine.Oh, remember what was doneThat the sinner might be won.On the cross of CalvaryI have suffered death for thee.
-
Bid thine heart all strife to cease;With thy brethren be at peace.Oh, forgive as thou wouldst beE'en forgiven now by me.In the solemn faith of prayerCast upon me all thy care,And my Spirit's grace shall beLike a fountain unto thee.
-
At the throne I intercede;For thee ever do I plead.I have loved thee as thy friend,With a love that cannot end.Be obedient, I implore,Prayerful, watchful evermore,And be constant unto me,That thy Savior I may be.We sang this song last night and whenever I sing this song the last line of the last verse always sticks out to me (see above). In my life I want to be constant.What does constant mean? Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary states: happening all the time or very often over a period of time, staying the same not changing, always loyal, marked by firm steadfast resolution or faithfulness.I want Ben and our children to know that I am firm in my love for them and in my commitment to them and to God. I want my daily actions to be consistent with my commitments. I know that I cannot make it through my life without the Savior and his grace and mercy which he always extends to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment