Thursday, January 23, 2014

Learning

I love reading blogs.  Blogs about homesteading, homeschooling, crafting, and everyday family living.  The blogs I read fill me with inspiration.  I love to read ideas from people of all different backgrounds.  Today two particular posts stuck out to me and I wanted to share a portion of them here.


"Isn’t it the freedom to discover what brings us joy at the heart of a healthy society? Aren’t our very differences—our lifestyle choices, religious practices, and values—what makes us interesting?

Homeschooling is simply a different way of educating our children. It’s a personal choice, and that, in itself, is enough to make it a relevant one."

Jennifer Jo @ Mama's Minutia


“In the end, the secret to learning is so simple: Think only about whatever you love.  Follow it, do it, dream about it…and it will hit you: learning was there all the time, happening by itself.”

- Grace Llewellyn (quoted by Nicole @ The Sleepy Time Gal)


Who would have thought that me, a public schooled child, would have chosen the path of homeschooling for my own children?  I have taken the "road less traveled" and you know "it has made all the difference."

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Loved this Judi. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Love those quotes!