Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



We had a pretty low key New Year's celebration this year.  We have a lot of family traditions for Christmas but not so many for New Years.  None of us even stayed up until midnight!  Zeddie is in the middle of a sleeping crisis and is waking up at 3 a.m. to be reminded that it is not morning and that he needs to go back to sleep.  Then he is our early riser at 6 a.m.  So it doesn't work so well for me to go to bed much later than 10 p.m.  We do make clam "fritters" or cakes as my mom used to call them.  I really love eating these even if they are bad for me because they are deep fried!  Some of the kids have an issue with the texture of the clams so we make one batch with clams and one without.  I guess we can't really call them clam cakes then huh?  Sparkling cider is always on the menu too.  I decided today though that clam chowder would be a great compliment to the clam cakes and will add that to our New Years menu.

We took a family walk/run.  We took the lights off the house.  I put Christmas inside away on Monday.  I've been reorganizing and organizing the last few days so I guess in a lot of ways New Years is just a time to put life back together.  Ben is working hard on our garden plan for this year.  Grace is planning her 14th birthday which is just in a few days.

Here's to a magnificent 2014! 

No comments: