| Sweet Grace |
| Grace and I |
| Cheesecake |
My sweet Grace turned 14 today. A friend posed the question "Can you believe you've been a mom for fourteen years?" That is pretty amazing! I've come a long way in those fourteen years. Grace and I have learned together. I always remind her that I've never parented a ten year old or a twelve year old, etc. She has been the guinea pig along the way. She is such a good sport and is very patient with me. She is my "right hand man" all of the time. She is very mindful of what needs to be done and often I will find her by my side just helping out. Or she will come in as I am preparing dinner and ask what she can do to help. She has probably changed as many diapers of Zeddie's as I have and not because I ask her to, she just does it.
She is very talented. She loves to do crafts and does them well. She loves to sew and has made some pretty neat outfits for her American Girl Doll. She is currently working on a quilt for one of her Personal Progress goals. She loves to bake and she has pretty much perfected no bake cookies! She is our family photographer. Most of the pictures you see on my blog are taken by her. She loves to sing and to play the piano.
She is just a good person. She wants to choose the right. She wants to follow the rules. She wants to be good and she is good!
I used to sing the song "You are my sunshine" to her every night before she went to bed. She is my "Sunshine" and she brings light to our whole family!
I love you Grace!
6 comments:
Grace is awesome and so are you! Looks like a yummy cheesecake there. I made one for Jared's January birthday too!
Happy Birthday, Grace! She is such a good girl. Even if she is the guinea pig, you must have done something right, because she is a sweetie
That's neat that Grace is making a quilt for personal progress. I made a quilt too! It was supposed to be a 10 hour project and turned in over 40 hours! It was really neat to learn though and I still have it! Some day I will be able to lay my baby quilt over my child!
Yes Katelynn! I am sure she has already spent 40 hours on it and she is not even half done!!! Yikes!!!
Aw! Grace is wonderful!
I am just reconnecting with your blog Judi and I love that you used to sing "I am Your Sunshine" to Grace when she was little - I had a different song that I sang for each of my children and that was my Grace's song too!
Post a Comment