Saturday, May 5, 2012

5K

A year ago Ben and I ran in the Indy 500 Half Marathon.  Life happened and neither of us ran very much after that (my excuse was pregnancy)!  At the end of March, Ben decided he needed to start running again and so he decided to train for the Indy 500 5K.  The kids and I rolled out of bed at 5 a.m. to go and cheer him on.  Usually it is Ben and the kids cheering me on so it was fun to be a spectator today, although it made me excited to get back to running again once our little guy arrives!  Way to go Ben!

The kids with Ben before the race.  

The finish line before anyone crossed it.

Ben crossing the finish line.

Bananas anyone?  I just had to get a photo of all those bananas!

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

That is a lot of bananas! Way to go Ben!

Tricia said...

Congrats Ben!

Justin & Brittney said...

Whoot Whoot! Way to go Ben!...and family for supporting him and waking up so early :)