Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Daily happenings . . .

It has been a beautiful spring here in Indiana.  It seems like we've had sunny days for over two weeks now.  I love that!  I am feeling good.  Only five weeks (or less) to go before we meet this little guy.  Ben has been home now for two months and I am enjoying every minute of it.  It won't be for much longer so I will continue to savor our time together.  It is a shame that dads have to spend so much time away from their families.  We are hopeful to find employment that will allow a little more flexibility.  The house we are renting is now officially on the market.  I can't believe I am back to getting ready for showings.  At least this house is much smaller and we can get it ready pretty quick.  We had two showings today and another scheduled for tomorrow.  Here we go again . . . but with a lot less pressure since it isn't "our" house.

Here are some photos since I last posted . . .

Yummy bread made by Ben and enjoyed by all!

Grace loves caramels!  This is her second batch she's made and I think she's got the process figured out! 

April Fool's joke . . . Ben came into the room where the kids and I were visiting sporting this attire, along with scriptures in hand, saying he was off to church!  He gave us all a good laugh. 

Boys hard at work!

Can you read the first name at the top there?  Ben has been doing a lot of indexing lately and came across this one the other day.  The girls were pretty tickled about it seeing they have both just started getting the Harry Potter bug.

Camille and her "just like me" American Girl doll.  She has been saving her money for many months now and finally saved enough to buy one.  It was a very exciting day when it arrived in the mail. 

We attended our neighborhood Easter egg hunt where the boys both won a ball!  They were thrilled because they are just not any ball they actually glow in the dark too!

After a lot of candy from our neighborhood Easter egg hunt I decided the kids would enjoy something a little different than candy.  We rarely have cold cereal so I bought each of them their favorite box of cold cereal along with their favorite salty treat.  I think they were pleased with their surprise!

Time to mow the lawn. 

A few tomato plants we started from seed with hopes to have a garden of our own to plant them in this summer.  We shall see!

Grace captured me in a moment of resting!  I try to at least put my feet up for a few minutes each afternoon. 



1 comment:

JRoberts said...

Love it!

Good luck on the house stuff, finding something that works for your whole family, both in work and home.