Friday, June 10, 2011

Vacation here we come!

Today is our 16th anniversary and the start of our summer vacation.  We kept our room at the hotel because we needed a place for Pumpkin to stay while we were away.  We arranged with a friend to check in on her periodically.  Our first stop was in Decatur, Illinois to visit with our friends the Hills.  We enjoyed a nice meal at a Chinese Restaurant and then spent the night at their home. 



On our way to their home to spend the night we ran in to a HUGE lightening storm.  The kids were so scared that they covered themselves in a sheet.  I'd have to say I was pretty scared myself too and a few times I wondered if it was the end for us!  I'm serious, it really was that BAD of a storm.  I was praying the whole time for our safety.  Finally we made our way out of it and I was so relieved!


No comments: