Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas!  Things ran smoothly and I think this is largely due to the fact that we have decided on our traditions and we had the month planned out.  Our days leading up to Christmas were filled with a lot of laughter and fun!  I chose some of our favorite moments to post here on our blog.  We took Christmas down today and we are ready for the new year! 

What started as a "time out" location turned into a game - thanks to Ben's sense of humor!

Camille and her snow princess!  We built six snowmen that day!

Grace made lemon squares to add to our cookie plates we shared with friends.

Our first carolers here in Indiana - the Beehives from church.

Our favorite Christmas Eve tradition - Bethlehem dinner.

Ben's mom sent us her Christmas poem that goes along with each letter in "Christmas."  We added this to our Christmas Eve devotional.

Christmas jammies -  a favorite gift on Christmas Eve!

Ben and I always wrap presents on Christmas Eve once the kids go to bed.  I love this tradition.  Everyone gets three gifts so it doesn't take too long to wrap 18 presents!  I always love the look of the tree with the presents underneath!


Stockings - aren't they so cute!

Seth asked for a magnifying glass.

Not a great photo but one of the only ones of us on Christmas day - we were really there!  :)

Heart dolls for the girls!

Legos for Seth!

Working with Dad on Seth's new Legos.

After presents are opened . . .

Finished project!

Christmas brunch

Prayer time.

Menu:  Cinnamon rolls, fried potatoes, fried eggs, bacon, and orange juice.

Relaxing Christmas afternoon.  Ben got me a book (The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love) and here I am reading it to him.

A surprise from the Venne's:  a web cam!  Here we are "talking" to them on the computer!  Thank you!  
































Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Your tree and living room look beautiful! It looks like a lot of fun. We were tired this year, and a little sad to be in a different place but we had a good one nonetheless. :)

JRoberts said...

I giggled right out loud at that first picture! :)

I love that book as well. I love getting a new book on farming, or self-sufficent life.

It looks like your Christmas was really great.

Tricia said...

Loved all your photos as usual. Love that time out photo! I can see that would be a fun place to be for a kid! :) Your Christmas looks like it was a memorable one and one the kids and you will cherish always.

Karissa said...

HA I like the webcam picture! You guys should download skype and call me :)