Sunday, September 12, 2010

Week 36 Family Report

Hello!  It is hard to think back over a week and remember what was done!  So much goes on each and every day.  I try to take pictures because they help me to remember the happenings of the week.  I have my personal journal but I don't always write so much about the events of the day but more about my feelings and thoughts.

I started at the beginning of the month to read through the May Ensign which has all of the April conference talks.  My goal is to have them all read before October conference.  The talks are very inspiring and timely.

The kids and I finished reading "The Odyssey" this week.  We did a simplified version of the "real" story.  We all enjoyed learning about some Greek mythology.

My running continues to go well.  I ran 19 miles this week for a grand total of 723 miles.  My half marathon is in five weeks.

We had a showing today at 1:30 p.m.  We got the house all picked up last night, for the most part!  Ben left this morning (Sunday) early for meetings and I finished up the last minute touch ups.  We managed to arrive to church 20 minutes early!  When we got home Ben called me into the bedroom . . . I had left the vacuum, my new Mighty Mite out on the floor . . . oops!!!  I can't believe I did that.  Of course, that isn't going to stop someone from making an offer!  We haven't heard any feedback yet.

Here are some photos from our week . . .

*********************************************************

Caramel Popcorn for our Family Night treat.  We played kick ball, a recent favorite game around here.  I didn't get any photos of us playing though!




********************************************************************

Story time with Dad!  I just had to take a picture!  Ben is reading to them a book called "The Louds Move In" - the kids love the story!


 ************************************************************

School time.  We are deep into our school year now.  We've almost added back all of our subjects.  This week we plunged deep into our math.  Everyone is sitting at the table working hard on their numbers.  Ben surprised us and took calls from home on Friday.  It is always so much easier to "school" with another set of hands!









*************************************************************
Grace is working on a stick skeleton.  She still needs to finish the head which she informed me is going to be a milk jug!



****************************************************

The Indianapolis Children's Choir participated in an International Violin Competition in Indianapolis this weekend.  The older choirs sang for the opening ceremonies.  They needed 12 choir members to help with holding the flags.  Grace got to hold the flag of Spain.  It was a fun evening.  I was able to stay for the event too.  We enjoyed watching all of the high society in all their frou-frou walk in on the red carpet.  The opening ceremony was a black-tie event costing $175 per person! 














 ************************************************************

Our lawn is looking pretty dry these days.  We haven't had to mow for three weeks!  We had a little rain yesterday but not enough to make much of a difference.



*****************************************************************

Ben continued to work on the boy's bunk beds this week making a fair amount of progress.  These pieces below are part of the end rails.  Seth and Grace used some scraps to make their own creations. 








We hope everyone is doing well.  Let us know you visited - we love comments

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I always enjoy reading about your weeks and seeing the cute and fun photos! You are doing such a wonderful job teaching your kids and having fun in the process!

Maryanne said...

Caramel popcorn is a favorite around here too! Reading your updates is always fun (and also sad b/c i always wish we lived close by). I hope you're enjoying some cooler fall weather!

Karissa said...

This post makes me miss you all so much!!!