It has been a good week. I think fall has arrived at least for now! We already have leaves falling mainly due to the lack of rain. Everything is so dry, especially our lawn. We didn't have any showings this past week. We continue to be hopeful.
I ran 22 miles this week. I am grateful for my running partners. I ran with Theresa on Monday; Molly and Brittney on Wednesday; Brittney on Friday and Saturday. I so prefer running in the cooler weather. It is getting darker in the morning too and I invested in a blinking light (my third one - they always seem to drop and break) so that I can be seen while I am running. I am at 704 miles.
Ben worked his second weekend in a row. This doesn't happen very often and we are grateful for that. He has been very busy this call weekend and hasn't been getting home until late in the afternoon. We are missing him. Ben started back on the boy's bunk beds this week. They are still in "toddler" beds and Seth reminds us almost daily that he is too long for a toddler bed! Ben's calling keeps him busy too but he handles it well and does a good job at delegating. Our branch has had two baptisms this past week.
Grace and Camille started choir. Grace moved up into Lyric choir and Camille is in Treble choir. They are really enjoying it. Camille especially was thrilled to start in a "real" choir. Piano continues too - Grace, Camille and Seth are taking lessons.
We enjoyed visiting with some friends on Friday evening. They are in our stake and have four children. We shared our Friday pizza night with them. It always feels good to get together with friends.
Saturday night brought us to dinner at our neighbors home. The Kubiks have been such good neighbors and friends.
Seth learned to tie his shoes this week and is thrilled with his success!
Gabe can't seem to get enough of his "school" work and asks to do page after page in his workbook. :)
Some artwork created by the kids using grated crayons and melting them with an iron.
Another art project the kids enjoyed this week was making clay. They created all sorts of different shapes and then baked and painted them.
Camille thought it might be fun to practice piano this way . . . not so sure her teacher would approve but it made her happy for the moment anyway!
Grace and Camille helped Seth, Gabe and our neighbors Lyssa and Lena put on a play about dinosaurs. Pretty neat masks and wings huh?
3 comments:
Haha I love the dinosaur masks. And the artwork. Tell Seth that I said congrats on the shoe-tying success! :]
I love your updates on your family and the cute photos. I love the masks and also Camille playing the piano in her new comfortable position with pillows! So funny and cute! The artwork is great too! Great job teaching your kids Judi! You make me want to come to your school! :)
Sounds busy! The crayon pictures look so cool! I remember doing those as a kid.
Post a Comment