Saturday, March 20, 2010

Girl Scout Camping


Grace and I went to Sycamore Valley for a Friday night campout with her Girl Scout troop.
It was a really nice campground.  Grace has a fantastic Girl Scout leader, who works hard to help the girls earn badges.  It was a beautiful evening on Friday and we went on a night hike.
We cooked by the campfire, walked on a rope bridge, and slept in a cabin.  
We had a great time together.



Our cabin.  We slept upstairs in the loft on floor mats.  It was actually quite cozy.



The hill! 
The girls and I enjoyed running up this very steep hill on the campground.
We ran up it 5 times!  A great workout!



Almost at the top of the hill.
Sarah, Grace, and Victoria


Bed time!


Rope bridge . . . Grace's favorite activity of the weekend!


Here I am trying it out too!


Grace with "Grace" the Belgian horse


Grace with all of the girls in her troop and their leader.

4 comments:

Karissa said...

I remember those days :]

Tricia said...

What a beautiful campground and cabin! :) Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Maryanne said...

This sounds like so much fun! I need to look into this for Laura.

stefanie said...

I think it may be more fun and more appreciated the older we get. It looks like it was an awesome weekend. You are a great mom.