
my first project

Grace's project in progress.
Grace and I decided we wanted to learn how to crochet. We checked a book out from the library and spent the majority of one day trying to figure it out. I decided to make a scarf for Ben's birthday for my first project. I was pleased with it - although I have worn it more than he has! Grace is working on a baby blanket. It has been a lot of fun to learn a new skill.
3 comments:
That is impressive. I admire you ladies taking the time and learning a new skill.
Neat! I have a friend who just taught her 6 year old finger knitting-- they used instructional videos on youtube. I need to get motivated to try something new like this!
I am so glad you are learning to crochet. Grace is doing really well. I have crocheted several blankets and those are my kids favorite blankets on their beds. We don't quite have enough of them for every bed and they fight over who gets one. They are very warm and soft. I use a half crochet (only go through half of the loop). It gives it a up and down feel instead of a flat blanket. And I use 3 strands.
Post a Comment