Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trip to Massachusetts

I introduced my family to "letter boxing." Here is Mark, our persistent hunter.
We all had given up but he continued to look for it and found it!

Here we are stamping our books.

Here I am with two of my beautiful nieces, Kelsey and Karissa!

My sister Tricia and I.

My dad and brother Jim

some of the boys
Steve, Mark, Jordan, and Scott

my cute nephew Scott

This past weekend I took a trip all by myself to see my family. I don't get home very often so this was a real treat for me. I think I am more homesick now that I am back in Indiana after being with them for the weekend. It is so hard to be away from the people you care about most in life.

My brother and his wife and three of their five children came up from Pennsylvania. I went with my sister and sister-in-law to Time Out for Women - that was fun to do together with them. I got to see seven out of nine of my nieces and nephews (on my side of the family). They are all growing up so quickly, too quickly! I have three nieces in college! It was just a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

The Owen Family said...

I understand how you feel when you say that you really miss your family after spending time with them. We just got back from Utah, I think I go through a slight depression and then back to business! You look GREAT....

Laura Joyce said...

What a fine time to go back east. Were the leaves starting to change at all? We miss you guys!

Maryanne said...

I'm glad you got to do that, Judi. It sounds great. And I can understand that post-visit readjustment. I hope you're all enjoying the fall.

Lady said...

Oh Judi I am so happy for you. You need that every once in a while and the fact that you got to go alone meant you could really visit! You didn't need to change diapers or get people snacks or put kids to bed on time. I am really glad for you. What part of PA is your brother living in now? Could you do a 2 for 1 and come see us too sometime?