Thursday, April 3, 2008

St. Louis trip






The kids and I took a trip to St. Louis last week. We have been looking forward to this trip for quite some time. I had told the girls after our trip there last fall that we would go again in the spring. I was a little concerned about driving alone with four kids but it really turned out to be a pleasant trip. My goal was to not have to stop and we didn't!

We stayed with some very special friends who treated us so well. The kids love to play in this family's basement which is filled with toys galore. We were spoiled with yummy food and wonderful company. We were very sad to leave.

One of the highlights of our visit for the girls was playing with our previous next door neighbor Emma. We had her with us for a whole day. We went to the zoo in the morning, played dress up, made jewelry, ate pizza and watched a princess movie! What more could three little girls want in a day?

We also got to visit with some other friends. All in all we had a wonderful time. Here are a few pictures from our visit to the zoo.

4 comments:

As Time Flies By said...

i love that zoo!

Lady said...

Glad you got to go back. It's always good to visit old friends. Any chance this you're coming this way this summer?

Katie said...

Good for you for traveling alone! I'm glad I'm not the only one traveling the highways alone with kids! I sure do miss all the free and cheap things St. Louis had to offer for kids.... Nashville is kind of lacking in those areas.

Laura Joyce said...

super fun! I think we all miss St. Louis. New house is good. Big yard and we have been fortunate enough to have good weather lately. Outside all the time! Whew!!!