Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake in Indiana?

I awoke early this morning to what I thought was a doorknob jiggling. I thought it was Seth trying to get out of his room, but then when I didn't hear him I began to wonder what was going on. Then our bed started to shake and Ben proceeded to tell me we were feeling an earthquake. We were feeling tremors from the earthquake in southern Illinois. This was my first experience with feeling an earthquake so I thought it was pretty exciting and wanted to share it! Anyone else feel it?

3 comments:

stefanie said...

I just posted about the earthquake. It was crazy.

Lady said...

WOW - earthquake in the midwest? Sign of the times? We have some trembling here from time to time and the first time I felt it and heard the tinkling of glass I thought it was an earth quake but alas it was just blasting from the nearby quarry. Now I am used to it and probably would think that a real quake was just some blasting!

Karen said...

I sure felt it and the animals went crazy. I dign't think it was all that interesting, just scary!