St. Patrick's Day is a special day in our house. I am proud of my Irish roots. My (paternal) grandfather Michael Sweeney and grandmother Mary Kilkenny Sweeney immigrated to the United States from Ireland in the early 1900's. Then I had the great privilege of serving a mission in Ireland for 18 months.
Today we decided to attend the Indianapolis St. Patrick's Day Parade. We have my good friend Julie visiting us from Oklahoma City and she joined us. We picked Ben up from work and he came too! The weather was not at all "spring like" so we were all bundled up with hats and gloves and a blanket. We all had such a fun time together despite the wind and chill.
We ended the day with a family night on the history of St. Patrick's Day. I think we can all look to St. Patrick as an example of a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
1 comment:
Judi I can't beleive how long your hair is getting. I wish mine grew so fast. Way to get out to the parade kids and all.
Post a Comment