Friday, August 15, 2014

The big day!

Our daily schedule.
Ben and I left the house at 2:30 p.m. to head for my induction at IU North.  The day had finally arrived and I had butterflies!  Ben gave me a blessing earlier that morning and I felt peace yet I still was a bit apprehensive!  This pregnancy had been so good to me!  Except for the first 17 weeks of nausea I had really had a smooth pregnancy.  But you can't keep the babies inside forever nor did I really want to!  After a not so smooth delivery with Zeddie I think my fears were valid!  I was sure to speak with the anaesthesiologist before any serious contractions had begun so that she knew my plan.  Contractions were barely painful but I ordered the epidural.  Once placed I enjoyed an hour rest as the epidural always seems to put me into a very mellow and exhaustive state.  After that hour my contractions were pretty strong and every two minutes.  By 10 p.m. I was dilated to an 8 and the nurse called my OB.  He was there in a matter of minutes and by the time he checked me at 10:15 p.m. I was dilated to a 9 and he broke my water.  The nurse and doctor left me and Ben but it was only a matter of minutes before I was pushing the nurse button to let her know it was time to push!  Our sweet baby boy arrived at 10:37 p.m.  He weighed only 6 lbs. 12 oz.  Our smallest baby!  At this point he still did not have a name so I just called him my little buddy.  These precious moments after delivery are my favorite.  Everything was so calm and peaceful and I just held him in my arms.  What a privilege to be able to participate in the creation of a human being.  I am so grateful for my calling as a mother.  I am so grateful to have been able to bring six children into this world!

 A few photos from my phone during labor and after delivery.  I must say Ben and I have never been very good at taking pictures right after delivery.  We are just in another world and the camera often takes away from the enjoyment of the moment.















1 comment:

Melissa said...

This made me cry (happy tears). Having a baby is such precious, spiritual experience. So happy for your family