Saturday, April 19, 2014

"Sun" Days

There was a lot of snow here in Indiana this winter and while all the local schools shut down for those wintry days we continued with our normal home school schedule.  Now that the days are getting warmer and Ben has had some available time during week days to work outside with us we have been taking occasional "sun" days.  (A phrase I adopted from Jennifer @ Mama's Minutia.) Along with tree work we have also been working on our garden.  Ben ordered asparagus and strawberries and both ended up arriving the same day!  So we spent all day Friday tilling, digging trenches and planting.  The boys did the digging of the trenches for the asparagus. (I still need to download those photos from Ben's phone.)  It was a six hour job but now we have 250 asparagus plants and 400 strawberry plants. 

Ben trying out our new tiller before we planted the strawberries and asparagus.




2 comments:

Melanie said...

That's a lot of asparagus and strawberries! Wish I lived close so I could try some. I was wondering, do you guys eat and can or freeze all the food you grow or do you sell some of it?

Judi said...

Melanie we have never sold any of our produce. Maybe someday . . . We mainly just eat it, can it or freeze it, and share it.