Sunday, April 6, 2014

Funeral for GG

We traveled to Arkansas for GG's funeral.  Her funeral was held on Friday, April 4th.  She wanted it to be simple so services were held at the cemetery.  It was a very sunny but chilly and windy morning.  The kids and I all huddled together with blankets under the tent in front of GG's casket.  Services were short.  Ben gave the eulogy and dedicated the grave.  A few others shared memories of Grandmother.  I wish the weather would have been more calm allowing for more contemplation of her life.  But I think she would have rather us not mourn her passing but celebrate her life. 










Ben's mom and brother, Samuel.

The house seemed a bit empty with Grandmother gone.  Ben's mom fixed up her room as a TV room and we all watched General Conference together on Saturday.  Out her bedroom window is a ring of daffodils.  Grandmother loved flowers.  She was a beautiful woman full of faith and hope.  She always was sure to tell me how proud she was of Ben and I and our five children.  She always made me feel like we were doing a good job.  I will miss her words of encouragement. 






Good-bye for now GG.  We love you!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm sorry for your loss Judi! She sounds like a wonderful grandmother. How nice to be able to gather as a family and be uplifted with conference at such a time. :)

And those daffodils are beautiful! Cute picture of Zeddie and Ben in the middle of them!