We've done some canning during our 18 years of marriage thanks to Ben's tutelage. I really enjoy the process of putting up food. Most people I talk with about canning seem to have negative memories of their childhood canning. I hope my kids won't feel that way. I had so much fun canning this past summer. Now we are all enjoying the fruits of our labors! There is just something to be said for eating from your own garden all year round. In our basement there was an extra stove/oven along with a sink. This helped out so much as I would do all the processing (water baths or pressure cooking) on the basement stove.
Here is an inventory of all we canned:
12 pints bread and butter pickles
7 pints pickled crab apples
1 quart, 5 pints, 3 1/2 pints corn relish
19 pints salsa
26 quarts, 2 1/2 gallons apple sauce
19 quarts pears
21 quarts green beans
58 quarts tomatoes
8 quarts, 1 pint spaghetti sauce
14 quarts tomato soup
17 pints, 4 1/2 pints wild plum jam
7 pints bluebarb jam
3 pints blueberry jam
5 pints mulberry jam
7 pints, 3 1/2 pints crab apple jam
7 pints whole wild plums
.jpg)
1 comment:
So much food! Yum! You don't even have to leave the house. Just buy groceries downstairs at Weston - Mart! HA... OK, bad analogy :-)
Post a Comment