Monday, August 13, 2012

School Begins

We started school today.  It was time to start again despite our uncertainty as to where we will be in the next month or so. Thankfully we home school which helps with a transition that may happen in the middle of a school year.  I was ready, we were all ready, to get back on a schedule.  Last year we went out to breakfast for our first day of school.  This year we decided to redeem some coupons from Subway that the kids earned from the summer reading program and eat lunch at home.

We decided to invest in a full curriculum from Calvert for the girls this year.  It felt like Christmas when the three boxes arrived.  Seth and Gabe will continue with the curriculum I've used for the girls and certainly enjoy the fun stuff the girls are learning too.

We are on our eighth year of homeschooling.  I remember myself ten plus years ago as I contemplated embarking on this road and feeling very apprehensive.  Wondering if I could handle spending all day, every day with my children.  Would I have the patience, knowledge, ability, or organizational skills to do this?  Now eight years later I wonder how I could handle spending all day, every day without my children.  Yes, some days are difficult but that is just part of parenting whether you home school or not.  I love this journey we are on and I am grateful we are able to home school.

Here's to another great year of learning and fun!

Grace - 7th grade
Camille - 5th grade
Seth - 3rd grade
Gabe - 1st grade

Zeddie's first day of school!  Isn't he so cute?

We made some bins out of boxes to hold the kids school books.  

50 pounds of books

Looking at the science kit.

1 comment:

JRoberts said...

I feel for you. That uncertanty is never fun. Praying for you, and hugs to you.