Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gabe's 6th Birthday

We celebrated Gabe's birthday today.  He chose his favorite meal - noodles with butter and parmesan cheese.  We made some fresh basil pesto to go along with it!  He wanted to have an ice cream cake and I came across a fun idea here.  It is an Ice Cream Sandwich Cake.  Normally I am all about homemade but you know sometimes it is okay to do it differently.  It took longer to purchase the items than to put the cake together.  I think we all had our portion of calories and sugar for the day!

Seth and Gabe with Lyssa and Lena!

Funny faces!

Gabe is opening a present here and they all wanted to be sure to see it!

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

Make a wish!


yummy

Me and my sweet Gabe!  I love you!

2 comments:

Justin & Brittney said...

cakes looks yummy!

Maryanne said...

Such a big boy! We love ice cream cake around here. I made it for myself for my birthday and are thinking aboutit for Isaac's birthday too. The summer has been so hot, I've avoided turning on the oven.