Sunday, October 2, 2011
General Conference weekend
It has been a wonderful weekend. I am grateful we were able to watch conference from the hotel via the internet. So many great messages to think about and to implement into our lives. I am grateful for the opportunity to listen to a prophet of God.
I always have my favorites, talks that really hit close to home. Here are a few I found particularly inspiring . .
Elder Richard G. Scott - Learning and memorizing scriptures. Scriptures calm our soul and heal us.
Elder Neil L. Andersen - Importance of families and children.
Elder Ian S. Ardern - Use of time. Devote our time to what matters most.
Sister Elaine Dalton - How fathers raise their daughters.
Elder J. Devn Cornish - Heavenly Father wants to bless us.
Elder Quentin L. Cook - Facing tragedies. "Jesus listening can hear the songs I cannot sing."
After the Saturday afternoon session Seth came up to Ben and I and said: "Now I know what to do when I am in an elevator. Look up."
For those of you who listened to conference you would recognize these words from a talk given by Elder Carl Cook who shared his experience of being on an elevator in the church office building and feeling particularly heavy-laden. He had his head down when another person entered the elevator and remarked to Elder Cook that it is better to "look up" rather than down (the person just happend to be President Monson). Of course we know that his intention was to remind us to always look to God in our lives.
Seth wanted to be sure that we knew he was listening. Children do listen and I know they felt the spirit of conference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment