I finally updated our blog. We are still at the hotel and I guess I am feeling a little discouraged. After a lot of prayer we decided it was best for us not to move into the apartment afterall. We want to be flexible and having to sign a lease takes away our flexibility. So we will continue onward and hope to see the light soon and know which direction we are going to take. Here is a little update . . .
We are on week 7 of school. I am pleased with the kids progress in math. The girls are back in choir and are enjoying being in Lyric Choir together. They had their first performance on Saturday at a music workshop for teachers. I got to go as a chaperone.
We took piano lessons off for the fall semester. It was proving difficult to get practicing in when we are without our piano. The girls are working on some hymns to play for the primary program prelude music. I miss hearing the piano.
Seth and Gabe both took basketball at the Y in August but we took the month of September off. They both love playing ball and got pretty good at their skills.
We've been busy with some Halloween costume sewing projects. Alison, a friend in the blogging world had her kids choose a historical figure for Halloween last year and I loved this idea and we decided to do the same thing. Grace chose Florence Nightingale. Camille chose Cleopatra. Seth chose Pecos Bill. Gabe chose to be like his Uncle Samuel and be an "army guy." Grace and Camille have been doing a lot of the sewing and I think they are getting to be pretty good seamstresses. I'll be sure to post pictures once the costumes are complete. I'm glad I kept my sewing machine out of the POD.
Grace finally got a new bike that we bought second hand for $35. Our bikes are in our friend's garage and we spend at least one afternoon a week visiting them and riding our bikes.
Now that the cooler weather has come our way and we do not have any of our fall clothes - the girls and I have enjoyed shopping at Good Will and finding some great deals on clothes. I am always amazed at what people give away. Some items are brand new.
Well that is about all I can think about right now. I promise to be better at posting . . . soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment