Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 127 - Race Report

We did it!  Unfortunately we only have one photo because we didn't have anyone there to take any and we chose not to carry our camera in our pockets for the race.  This was Ben's first ever 1/2 marathon.  I probably should have him write this post!  :)  But here are a few little stats about the race. 

Indianapolis 500 Mini Marathon 

Race:  1/2 marathon (13.1 miles)

Date:  Saturday, May 7th

Location:  downtown Indianapolis

Weather:  52 degrees; cloudy with a bit of rain from miles 9 to 11.

Participants:  30,611

Course:  The highlight of the race was running to the Indy 500 racetrack and running the 2.5 miles around the track.



Here we are in the parking lot after the race.  We did it!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you both! I was thinking about you yesterday. Happy Mother's Day Judi! You are a great mom who is an example to me!

Rachel said...

Oops, this is Maryanne-- I guess my sister is still signed in to her google account on this computer. :)

Tricia said...

Congratulations Judi & Ben!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Look like you had a good time, what fun to run it together.

See.Kate.Run said...

Oh you both look so happy!! I really like you medals!!

See.Kate.Run said...

Congratulations Ben!!

Karissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!