Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 114 - Happy Easter!

"He is not here; but is risen."  Luke 24:6

We had a very nice Easter Sunday.  I participated in the branch choir singing "The Morning Breaks" and Ben accompanied the choir.  We all worked together to put on a nice Easter lunch.  Our menu:  roasted goose, mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and coconut cream cake.  We had some friends join us for the occasion.  We enjoyed skyping with my sister and her family for a few minutes.  We had a lesson on some of the symbols of Easter and then finally we got to share our surprise with Ben!  The kids and I have been working on memorizing "The Living Christ" since February.  It is a beautiful testimony of Jesus Christ and I know it was a very special experience for all of us.  Here are a few photos from our day.


The boys having a potato peeling party!

Grace and I worked on these as a centerpiece for our table.  HE IS RISEN

Br. Roberts showing off our roast goose!

Time to eat!

Coconut Cream Cake

3 comments:

Cellista said...

Happy Easter!!
That cake looks yummy. I always love looking at your pictures each week. I should really do that project some time. I'll take a lot of pictures, then go days, weeks almost, without any. I don't take any of our everyday daily living.

Hope you had a nice Easter Sabbath!

JRoberts said...

Looks amazing.

LOVE your eggs! What a beautiful centerpiece.

Maryanne said...

Happy Easter! We had a lovely day too, singing and eating. That's a great surprise for Ben-- did even the little boys memorize it?