******************************************************************
Airplanes!!!
Gabe's lastest interest is making paper airplanes. This is really just a small pile of his attempts. I go back and forth in my mind whether I should let him be creative or encourage him not to waste so much paper!
******************************************************************
Pumpkins!!!
We visited our favorite stand for pumpkins. The kids always enjoy coming to this particular stand because the owner is always so nice and usually sends them home with a special treat. They got mini watermelons this time. It is quite the process for the kids to pick out just the right pumpkin. I think we were there for at least a half an hour!
******************************************************************
Apple Picking
Our second stop was to the apple orchard where we picked a 1/2 bushel of apples. It was HOT so we didn't stay out too long.
******************************************************************
A straw bale for our front porch! We didn't have any room left in our van after filling it with pumpkins, apples, and grapes! So the straw bale had to sit in the front seat. The kids thought it was so funny. Grace willingly vacuumed the van when we got home! :)
***************************************************************
Concord Grapes
I bought a 1/2 bushel of grapes at the apple orchard. We love grape jam.
We really did have a fun week. It ended all too soon though! Our Saturday was spent making jam and then heading to the stake center for a special RS event. I sang with some other branch sisters. Ben and the kids visited with some good friends while I was at the stake then when Tamara and I returned we enjoyed a yummy pasta dinner at their home. We quickly drove the hour drive back to our house just in time to watch the Relief Society Broadcast.
4 comments:
Sometimes, I just want to escape my busy life and go pick apples and pumpkins, and make jam and paper airplanes with you guys! Haha I love the picture of you with the hay bale :]
We do need to go out apple and pumpkin picking too. It is tough to find the time where the whole family can go these days! :( Looks like you all had a fun week!
You are a great mom! What a great way to usher in fall!
I'm with Karissa, I love the photo of you and the bale of hay. Thankfully, you usually hold better company than that up in the front seat!!! LOL! Just on here catching up with you guys. There was no internet, cell, TV in Montana! Loved every minute of it :)
Post a Comment