Sunday, July 11, 2010

Arkansas Trip

Our trip to Arkansas included a rental truck filled with a piano for Sarah and eleven ducks for Mother!  I drove the van and Ben drove the rental truck with Grace as his passenger.  It was a successful journey.  The ducks adjusted well to their new home but to our surprise did not even have any interest in the water nearby!  We will miss them!








**************************************************************

Hooray!!!

Sarah is excited that we are visiting!!!


***************************************************************

Seth on the tread mill.  
The kids couldn't leave the tread mill alone!  
I attempted to run two of my runs on it but in the end I really prefer to run outside!


**************************************************************

Movie time!



**************************************************************

Gabe having a little bit of "school" time with Grandmother!



***************************************************************

The boys working on a computer!!!



********************************************************************

Strawberry River

We were surprised to see the area the kids were going to swim in was completely flooded over!  
They managed to still get a little wet!










***************************************************************

Running

Running in the humidity is really not my thing!  I ran 14 miles while we were in Arkansas.  I stayed close to the house though doing repetitions and using blades of grass to help me remember what lap I was on!




*************************************************************

Alice made this swing for the kids while we were there.  
Gabe is enjoying special time with his cousin Ruth!  Gabe loves to swing.



****************************************************************

Swimming at Lyon College

The college opens the pool in the afternoon for a community swim.  We enjoyed going swimming three times while we were there.  Sarah helped the kids learn how to dive.  It was a fun time!





*****************************************************************

Cemetery Visit
Ben's dad is buried in this cemetery.  We took a few of the kids and walked around the cemetery.






****************************************************************

Birthday Celebrations

Since we don't get to be together more than once a year we had a birthday celebration for all of the kids.  They enjoyed decorating their own cupcakes.  Then there was a firework show put on by Samuel and enjoyed by all!!!









No comments: