We made our seasonal tradition of gingerbread houses tonight. I had heard somewhere about the idea to save Halloween candy for gingerbread houses. I assigned Grace to hide the candy from all of us though (since I have an awful sweet tooth sometimes)!
The houses are plenty full of candy which the kids all intend to eat over the next few days! They had the idea to put extra candy inside the houses too! Pretty clever!
This has proven to be a keeper as far as holiday traditions go. This is our third year doing this tradition. I am sure sugar has something to do with it being a favorite of the kids. I like just sitting around the table and watching the kids create and listening to them talk. Family life is great!
4 comments:
that is so fun! i have always wanted to do that. next time that we are all together for the holidays (who knows when that will be :[) we should make some :]
Good for you having Grace hide the Halloween candy! I ate ours along with the kids, even when I was thinking it was gross.
Those look great! I haven't been brave enough to attempt gingerbread houses with the kids yet. We usually do gingerbread men though. Maybe I should just make flat house shapes to decorate, rather than 3D.
I usually get a lot of the Halloween candy, but this year sugary things have made me sick. It's been really depressing!
Those are some great creations.
Post a Comment