Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!



New Years Eve Dinner

clam cakes
parsnip patties
edamame
sparkling white grape juice
tangerine ice

Growing up we occasionally had clam cakes - a common food for those in New England. I love them and they remind me of home. But they aren't the most nutritious as they are deep fried! So a few years ago I decided that New Years Eve would be a good time to make clam cakes and the tradition was born! And since we are always up for a new recipe we tried making parsnip patties and tangerine ice, which were both actually quite tasty.


6 comments:

Ms. Julie said...

Great food & fun pictures. I love seeing what you are doing. What great memories you are making for your kids. Thank you for your comments on my blog. Love you guys-
Julie

I said...

That tangerine ice looks yummy!

Tricia said...

Your meal looks delicious!

Katie said...

Sounds like you guys had a really good time! I love the idea of homemade gifts and the marshmellow guns looked like a lot of fun!

Maryanne said...

That looks good! You guys are always my food inspiration. I think it's great that you try so many delicious new things, and make them yourselves.

Lady said...

I would love your recipe for the clam cakes. I LOVE clams but don't like crabcakes so much. I think I would like clam cakes though... I like clams in pretty much any other form.