Saturday, October 4, 2008

5K Race

This morning I ran in our little towns first annual 5K. There were 39 people who were in the race. Probably 10 out of the 39 were runners. Ben and the kids came to cheer me on. It was a beautiful fall morning. I'm training for a half marathon in two weeks so I thought this would be a good opportunity to just give my all and see what I could do! I had five male runners in front of me and I just kept trying to catch up with them (I never did). I was totally surprised to run it in 24 minutes and 47 seconds. This is the fastest I've ever done a 5K in. It gave me a good boost. We forgot the camera so I don't have any pictures to share.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Congratulations Judi! I am sure you will do great at the half marathon!

Ms. Julie said...

Whoo Hooo! Why didn't you say something! It is so cool that we both had 5ks on the same day. Congrats!

Laura Joyce said...

Awesome! Keep it up and keep me updated on the half-marathon!

Maryanne said...

Good job Judi! I just started running a very little bit last week. You inspire me!

Lady said...

Great Job!! I really wished I enjoyed running.

Katie said...

Judi...I truly admire your running abilities! I just couldn't do it (okay, so it's more like I won't ever do it), but I think you are awesome! Good luck in your 1/2 marathon!

stefanie said...

Good job Judi. Way to support your local 5k. Hopefully they will keep doing it! You'll do great on the half.