When we moved into our house last year we inherited a few dead trees throughout our property. Two were fairly close to our house and needed to be chopped down. As you can see in the photos above one of the dead trees also had a "widow maker" attached to it.
On Tuesday the tree cutters finally arrived and we enjoyed an hour of entertainment. The tree guy asked me if "all the kids were mine" (a common question) and when I said yes he then responded with "you've got your hands full" (a common response). I told him I'd rather take care of the kids than have to climb that dead tree and chop it down :). I was impressed with how quickly and safely they got both trees down.
We chose to chop and split the wood ourselves so we've spent the week working on this project. We are happy to report the project is complete and that we have plenty of wood for the winter!
1 comment:
Mike is jealous of all that wood. We have a wood burning stove also and we need to round up some wood for this winter also. However we want to get it for free, so we might have to take a drive or two. Your family is getting so big, I love the comments about you having all those kids. Sometimes people do that to me when they ask if I want more kids.
Post a Comment