Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chicks are four weeks old




Here is our weekly update of our chicks. We are working hard on getting their "home" safe from raccoons or opossums or anything else that may lurk around our area. I worry every night about them and will be glad to have their coop completed. We will post some pictures as soon as it is done.

We currently have a raccoon that has been climbing onto our roof and down into our atrium (I am not sure what to call it). He wiggles his way up our gutter from our back deck, then up on the roof and then back down the gutter into the atrium. He must have smelled our garbage. He even visited us on our front porch at four o'clock in the afternoon to eat some of our cat's food. I thought that was kind of bold of him. So you can see why I am concerned for our chicks.

Grace is really the only one (besides Ben and I) who will hold the chicks. Camille and Seth will pet them but not pick them up.

1 comment:

Judi said...

hey mom how are you.
that looks fun!